Less than one year since celebrity duo Jonathan Van Ness and Antoni Porowski (co-stars of the hit reality series “Queer Eye”) and pet industry expert Rebecca Frechette Rudisch set out to reimagine pet mealtime with the launch of Yummers Pet Supply Co., an intuitive brand extension has come to fruition. Having launched online August 30th, Yummers Perfectly Prepared Dog Food is poised to bridge the gap between traditional kibble and raw feeding practices. Tapping into innovative preparation techniques and ‘superfood’ formulas, the new product line launches with three flavor-forward, nutrient-rich varieties: Chicken & Beef Recipe, Salmon & Beef Recipe, and Salmon & Lamb Recipe.
The Perfectly Prepared Movement: Disrupting Kibble With Fresh Benefits
Freeze-dried comestibles are emerging as one of the fastest-growing segments in the pet food industry, and with good reason. A market once limited to common kibble has seen a shift as pet parents search for minimally processed alternatives—embracing the “you are what you eat” axiom and extending dietary awareness to their furry set.
Dr. Cherice Roth, recently honored on Entrepreneur’s 100 Women of Influence in 2022 and Yummers’ Veterinary Advisor, shares, “Yummers food is AAFCO certified, for all ages and breeds but that’s where its similarities to other foods end. This food is absolutely packed with high-quality freeze-dried proteins; the same ingredients from Yummers’ meal toppers that our pets obsess over. Those proteins are now accompanied by ancient grains and a massive amount of other superfoods that support optimal health in our beloved pups.”
Biohacking Bowls Through Single-Source Preparation & Minimal Intervention
Not your average bowl of uniform pellet-like kibble, Yummers dog food looks different because it is different. “Each ingredient is processed separately from one another to maximize flavor and nutritional value,” says cofounder and CEO Rebecca Frechette Rudisch. “We use premium-grade animal proteins, real fruits and veggies, and gently-cooked ancient grains to lock in all the nutrients of the food while giving pet parents accessibility and ease of mind. It’s the difference between feed and food.”
As a bestselling cookbook author and culinary expert on Netflix’s “Queer Eye,” cofounder Antoni Porowski adds, “As a chef, food has always been an expression of love. So, when I’m putting together a home-cooked meal, there’s passion and purpose every step of the way. We applied that same notion of intentionality to Yummers Dog Food, looking at each individual ingredient and figuring out the best way to accentuate the flavor and bioavailability.”
Here’s what you’ll find in each serving of Yummers Perfectly Prepared Dog Food:
- Protein Bits: A blend of premium freeze-dried animal proteins, gently processed to optimize digestibility and preserve each ingredient’s natural benefits.
- Performance Bits: Made up of ancient grains and carefully sourced proteins, these bits of complex carbohydrates are cooked just right to ensure a hearty helping of fiber for digestive support.
- Antioxidant Blend: Freeze-dried morsels packed with fruits and vegetables provide a comprehensive source of vitamins and minerals for a well-balanced pet.
- Chicken Breast or Beef Liver: Single-ingredient freeze-dried meat—either cage-free chicken breast or pasture-raised beef liver—for a flavor pets love.
- Purple Sweet Potato: Dehydrated non-GMO purple sweet potatoes—a single-ingredient rich in both fiber for digestive support and antioxidants for a healthy heart.