The team behind trusted ORIJEN® pet foods announced the expansion of the ORIJEN® Wet Cat Food portfolio. The complete launch of wet cat food is part of a brand-wide celebration, The Cat That Roared, which will reward cat lovers and educate about cat hydration this summer.
The brand’s first wet cat food product is a super-premium pâté packed with quality animal ingredients, succulent shreds of meat, poultry or fish, and an 80% moisture content in each can to give cats the nourishment that satisfies their biological needs.
The team at ORIJEN® pet foods is working with the Great Plains Foundation’s Big Cats Initiative (BCI) to halt the decline of big cats in the wild, as part of The Cat That Roared celebration that will reward cat lovers in several ways:
- One lucky cat owner has the chance to win the grand prize of $20,000 USD for a once-in-a-lifetime African safari to experience their pet’s roots first-hand. 1
- Forty cat lovers have the chance to win a secondary prizing comprising of:
- A DNA testing kit from Wisdom Panel, makers of the world’s leading pet DNA test, to help them uncover their pets’ genetic health and ancestry.
- A donation to BCI in their name that goes to help safeguard populations and ecosystems of big cats like lions.
Today’s domestic pet cats descended from desert-dwelling felines, such as lions and cheetahs. In fact, domestic house cats share 95% of the same DNA with big cats in the wild! In nature, cats of all sizes get most of their hydration from small animal prey2. When they drink water from a bowl, it takes their tongues more than 483 laps to take in a single teaspoon. In contrast, wet cat food provides an efficient and evolutionarily adapted way for cats to hydrate while receiving the high-protein nutrition they require.
The ORIJEN® pet food team crafted the premium pâté with cats’ natural nutrition in mind. Every 3-ounce and 5.5-ounce can is packed with 95%4 quality animal ingredients, including muscle meat, organs and bones. Each is topped with delicious shreds of meat, poultry or fish in bone broth, and has Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids from salmon, tuna oil and whole fish. This ensures cats consume nutrients to help support immune function, and healthy skin and coat.
“Pet lovers know and trust ORIJEN® dry cat food for its consistent premium quality and nutrition,” said Billy Frey, vice president of the Champion Petfoods cat business. “We are excited to introduce wet cat food that offers the same standard of quality as our dry food with new dimensions of nutrition and taste, plus hydration cats need.”
New ORIJEN® Wet Cat Food is available in five diets, including four adult maintenance formulas as well as one specifically designed to help support growing kittens:
- ORIJEN® Original Entrée
- ORIJEN® Regional Red® Entrée
- ORIJEN® Duck & Chicken Entrée
- ORIJEN® Tuna, Salmon & Beef Entrée
- ORIJEN® Chicken & Salmon Entrée (for kittens)